Berrima is a hot spot for pies in the Southern Highlands. Four bakeries in Berrima make it to the official trail yet there are more bakeries in Berrima to choose from. Two Skinny Cooks offer a range of pies, an abundance of homemade sauces along with a bunch of carefully constructed frozen dinners to take home.
The house special, as far as pies are concerned, is the beef & red wine pie. Two skinny Cooks ‘larder door’ is only open from Thursday to Sunday although you can purchase a number of their items for delivery via their website.
- Pie Running Time: 45 minutes
- Pies: Beef with Red Wine, served as dine in or take away.
- Pastry: Pretty good! A sizeable pie we enjoyed on their sunny terrace.
- Filling: We have been spoilt along this pie trail and again we are served up a very enjoyable almost gourmet pie at a reasonable price.
- Cost: $7 one of the best value for money pies we’ve come across.
- Sauce tax: None, the sauce was included.