Farm Club Australia is a working farm, accommodation, cafe, nursery and soon to be outdoorsy mecca. It is only 10km off the Hume Highway from Sutton Forest yet it is in the rolling rural hills Werai. Owners Alice and Hugh are passionate about local produce with the cafe is sustained from the produce of their farm and fellow local producers.
There are plans in place for a mountain bike trail to be built, trail running events to be hosted and backcountry fly-fishing tours. Other less strenuous nature-based trips such as bird watching and indigenous farm walking tours are also on the cards. Their vision is to allow visitors to experience the spectacular outdoor options available in this part of the world. And, enjoy it with homegrown produce and hospitality at the end of the day. Looks like we’ll need a return trip very shortly!
- Distance: 14km
- Pie Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
The Pie Time ‘Dine with a Pie’ special was a homegrown wagyu beef pie served with relish and optional salad. Wow! Cooked perfectly it was worth all of the 14km it took to arrive in this delightful country cottage in the pielands.
- Pies: Wagyu beef
- Pastry: The extra flakiness we’ve gotten used to was replaced with just good old fashioned tasty pastry.
- Filling: Steam poured out of the pie as we cracked it open. Plus it was served with the most amazing relish I’ve ever tasted. It all just came together so well. If I didn’t have another 4km to run I would have had two!
- Cost:$14 dine-in pie with the salad.
- Sauce tax: With relish like this, who needs sauce! Relish was included.